Saturday, November 15, 2014

favoured

"i was in line for queue to renew my passport." said my mom during our weekly face time.

my family is apple user. we have few ipads, iphones, and ipods at home, and we found it useful to use the in built apps to communicate with each other.

"you know my passport expiring soon on may next year, right?"

i nodded.
we always renew our passport together mom.

"the officer told us that only 75 queue numbers would be issued on daily basis. they limit the walk in application because they receive online appointments as well. there are lots of people in front of me, and i don't know the number in exact as only 1 person need to queue for group application."

"so i was in queue for about 20 minutes in the morning, until i'm the fourth in line. then suddenly the officer made an announcement only 2 queue numbers left."

"i'm a bit disappointed at that time, considering i need to come back and queue again tomorrow morning. however i had a feeling i should not leave my place, yet. i had this feeling telling me that i would get one of that queue number. it's quite illogical considering three people were in front of me, but i have this little faith."

the first person in line is a man.

"are you queuing for yourself, sir?" asked the officer.

"no. i'm here with my family."

"how many person would that be?"

"it's four in total."

four applicants, with only 2 queue numbers.

"it's very unfortunate, sir. we only have 2 queue number left, and we can't issue more as we need to save the spots for online applicants as well. maybe you can return back tomorrow morning"

and so the man left with his family.

"'alhamdulillah. we got the numbers!' said two applicants in front of me. they are two moeslems, quite old, and they were rejoicing as they would get the two queue numbers."

"i was telling myself, 'well, this is it then. maybe it's just my feeling that i would get one of those numbers, and sometimes it's not necessarily right."

and then a little miracle happened.

"excuse me, ma'am" said the officer in charge.
"are you queuing for passport services?"

"yes, sir! and we are two in total, and it's just nice!" said the older lady.

"i see. if i may know, how old are you two?"

"we are around 70."

"i see. for senior applicants, we have another priority line here. you will receive these special queue numbers instead the general one. here you go' said the officers as he gave two priority queue number for senior citizens."

"and you know what? i got the first number and a person behind me got the second!" said my mom cheerfully.

miracle can be as simple as seeing with your own eyes that only two queue numbers left, three people in front of you, trust this little faith, and you got it.

some people call it coincidence.

some say it's just luck.

and my mom said "i'm being favoured." with a big smile.


Peppermint latte
the signature red cup





No comments:

Post a Comment