Sunday, August 30, 2015

the traveler's soul

"so, tell me about your past trips. where have you been? the upper globe or below?"

"both, i guess."

"well, tell me more about it. let me see, have you ever been to new zealand?"

"yeah. i went solo."

a girl, a year older than me, travelling solo to the country she never been before.

"so, what obstacles you faced during the trip? is there any language barrier, or culture clash, or what?"

"not in particular. i traveled budget on that trip, so sometimes i relied on people's kindness to a stranger like me."

"how do you getting around there? are you driving, or using public transportation, or what?"

"i hitchhike. so when i was walking on the road, i'll just waving my thumb and wait for somebody kind enough to pick me up."

"were you not scared getting into stranger's car?"

"nope. not at all."

"okay, how about accommodation? were you staying at backpacker hostel?"

"no, during that trip i didn't book any accommodation at all. i'll ask random person on the road, or in the car i'm in, to let me stay in their house for a night."

"YOU DARE TO SLEEP AT STRANGER'S HOUSE??"

"yeah, and they are so kind. there were 2 days where i can't find people who let me in, so i slept on the road."

"YOU WHAT??"

i was surprised.

"i slept on the road. it was not that uncomfortable though, i just need to put some clothes underneath, wear thick jacket, tied all belongings with me, and sleep. it's quite safe in new zealand to do so. don't compare it to singapore, okay."

well, she seems fun.

"you know what, stef? bring me with you in your next trip. i'll follow you wherever you go."

🍕🍕🍕
why at this time? why oh whayyyyyy

No comments:

Post a Comment